Monday, July 11, 2011

Do You Know a REAL Housewife?

Are you surrounded by people that build you up?  I read a blog last week that asked that question.  The timing was great too because I had been thinking of how thankful I am for people that have been placed into my life.  This also has had me reflecting on those “Real Housewives” shows.  I’m not a big fan of those shows and here’s why.  I don’t see the women on those shows building each other up.  It’s like they are calculating their next callous move toward another.  That isn’t healthy.

Mastin Kipp is the founder of this blog called The Daily Love.  Mr. Kipp was the one who wrote the blog I mentioned previously.  Here’s a quote from the blog, “Let us hang with people who uplift us, who encourage us towards our dreams and who challenge our thought patterns. Let us not surround ourselves with people who always agree with us, but rather people who support our growth by challenging our beliefs and helping us break through to new mental and spiritual ground so that our lives may be enriched as a by-product.”  

I am fortunate to have some really great women in my life that do the very things that Mr. Kipp mentions.  After I spend time with the women that God has placed in my life I feel full, a sense of growth, and definitely encouraged.  These are the kind of friends that we all desperately need, but don’t always have. 

Not all the friends I have are connected to each other, but they are all connected to my heart.  I love how that works.  It’s like the most wonderful bouquet.  Each brings uniqueness, wonderful beauty.  In the best bouquet there are many colors, scents and textures.  Every woman loves a bouquet of flowers.  Receiving flowers brings us joy.  The encouraging women in my life do the same thing for me.  And, beyond that, they bring out the best parts of me by encouraging me, challenging me, praying for me, and holding me accountable.  It’s a true friend that helps make you a better person, all while accepting you right where you are.

My sister, my two childhood best friends, and my best friend from Virginia

Friends become enmeshed in each others lives and that can be good or bad.  After all, you are the company you keep.  Maybe it’s time to create your own Real, Real Housewives group.  Maybe you need to become part of a women’s study group.  Maybe it’s a book club, or a running club.  Whatever your life is calling for, but don’t give up until you find those friends that leave you with your sides aching from laughter or your thinking traveling in a whole new (and wonderful) direction.  Maybe you are fortunate and you have those friends that surround you.  If so, maybe it’s time you let them know how thankful you are that God placed them beside you.  

So, here's to you girls...I love each of you and the "flower" you are in my life's bouquet.


1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

If you want to read the entire entry from The Daily Love, find it here: http://thedailylove.com/who-you-spend-time-with-is-who-you-become/.

Thank you for reading.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Kristin! You are beautiful inside and out! Thank you for another amazing post! Love one of the Real, Real Housewives~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to "prepare" myself; since seeing the title of your blog, to read this all day! I knew I needed to create the space and take the time to soak up every letter of your writing. I have tears in my eyes and my heart is full. I will be requoting a few of those lines you wrote on my FB page as they are so deep and true. For those of us that have more than one child, you know how deeply you love each one. Even though each one gets a different kind of love that is special and unique to each child, it is a profoundly strong and unconditional love. That is how I feel about each of my friends. You each have that special place filled with unconditional and profound love. I thank God for each of you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, this is a great post! I have just such a group of friends. We can be so real and vulnerable with each other and we can have so much fun with each other. Having great friends to fill us up when we're running on empty, makes us better people for our families. Thanks for this wonderful post!
    ~Erin
    www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete